Monday, February 5, 2007

More PMF Assessment Information

I received several requests for more information on the PMF Assessment test. This summary is from a fellow Chicago-Kent student who took the assessment last week, and I share it with her permission:
  • As for the format, there were 42 questions for Part A, the Critical Thinking portion. In this portion, you had 50 minutes. There were 6 situations given to you and each situation had 7 questions that you answer for the situation.
  • Part B was 125 questions on Personal Life Experiences and you had 40 minutes to complete this section. They were very similar to the question in the Prep Guide in terms of picking from MC-questions answers about your past high school, college, graduate school and work experiences. They did emphasize that they have a right to check the validity of your answers.
  • Part C was the Writing Fundamentals portion. There were 40 questions for 4 documents that you had 70 minutes to answer. I finished each section, after double checking my answers, about 10-20 minutes early, especially part C.
  • There was an additional Part D that is not graded. It was an experimental questions section that contained about 30 questions (I don't exactly remember) and took about 5-10 minutes. But again, this portion was not graded and was optional.

My Career Services offices also informed us that nominees will be notified in mid-March if they have been selected as finalists. So if you are selected, be prepared to make quick travel plans to Washington because the spring job fair is at the beginning of April. For more information on the PMF program click here.

EDIT: See Thomas's comments.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Courtney!

    Having taken the exam in LA today I can verify what she is saying. But moreover, I felt very positive after taking it. Feel free to email me at soterosm@usc.edu if you have any more questions about it.

    I used to be in law school, but actually ended up getting my degree in public policy...so hopefully your blog is more interesting than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While searching for information regarding the PMF assessment test, I came across your blog.
    It's not clear if you applied for the fellowship or you friend did. But the information you provided was helpful, but may I ask-- were you or your friend selected as a finalist?
    If you were, what was your experience like?
    If not, were you notified why you were not selected?
    I just got invited to take the assessment and I am curious about others experience with it since I don't personally know anyone who took it.

    Please respond to this, I will check up on your blog! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi anonymous,

    Send me an email
    cf AT courtneyfong DOT com

    ReplyDelete